Your child's medical and mental health care needs, and minimising their health risks are important to us. It is vital that we are aware of any conditions to ensure our First Aid Officers can assess circumstances correctly as they arise.
All parents need to complete the Student Healthcare Summary Form. If your child has a health condition which may require assistance please:
- Select the appropriate form below (one for each health condition).
- For conditions not covered by a specific form, the Generic Health Care Form or a plan provided by a medical practitioner can be used.
- Complete the relevant forms (as well as required signatures) and include it with your child’s enrolment application.
- Parents are required to update their child's Health Forms at the start of Term 1 each year to ensure our records are always up-to-date.
- For all medical conditions, please advise Administration immediately if an existing plan needs to be changed or your child needs a new plan.
The Health Forms provide an overview of your child’s health care needs (as required or in a medical emergency) and ensure that medication/equipment you provide for your child is up-to-date and in good working order. Please call Administration on (08) 6206 5000 for more information.
You may wish to meet with staff to discuss your child’s health care plan, particularly if staff will require training to support your child. Health care plans for serious conditions require a medical practitioner’s signature - it is important to arrange this as soon as possible. The School will then:
- Review the plan(s) to ensure we are able to provide the necessary support;
- Arrange staff training if required to support your child;
- Ensure plans are implemented, monitored and reviewed annually;
- Manage the confidentiality of your child’s health care information; and
- Provide appropriate storage for medication and health equipment.
- Student Health Care Summary. This form MUST be completed as part of the enrolment process.
Supplemental Forms (only to be completed if applicable)
- Generic Heath care plan and emergency response plan
- Administration of medication
- Mild/moderate allergy emergency response plan
- Diabetes emergency response plan
- Seizure emergency response plan
- Asthma emergency response plan
- Activity of daily living planning form
- Anaphylaxis emergency response form
- ASCIA Anaphylaxis action plan
- ASCIA Anaphylaxis EpiPen plan
- ASCIA Allergic reactions plan
If you require help with completing these forms, please contact the school on (08) 6206 5000